My Name is Seth Thompson

Hello there, my name is Seth Thompson and welcome to my blog. I am going to do this blog to help keep those who I love updated on what is going on in my life as I serve in Jamaica this next month. Missions has been a big part of my life, and it is a passion i feel called to pursue. I have been so blessed to visit and work with the people of Jamaica, and look forward to seeing what God has in store for the island of Jamaica and this boy from the south. Please feel free to join me on this journey through this blog as I walk this road God has called me too. Thanks for all your prayer and support.

Sunday, July 24, 2011

I need a haircut!!!

Good evening my brothers and sisters!!  I now sit with less than 4 days left on my time here in Jamaica (that is hard to believe).  I have been so blessed to be here, and am so thankful that God has allowed me this opportunity to be here with the Jamaican people.  I truly will cherish this time that I have had with my friends here in Jamaica.

Did I mention that I need a haircut!!!!  And a shave!!!!

Sorry so grainy, but there are not to many places to go at night to find good light.  Believe me though, my hair is long!!


I was able to experience another first with my time in Jamaica.  Today was the first time I was asked to preach while on the island.  I was pretty nervous, but I believe that God was with me and helped me through my message.  I was not able to prepare as much as I would have in the states, but I know God can use any willing heart, and pray that He somehow used the words that came out of my mouth today.  It was fun to preach here, as the congregation was very responsive to what I said, and seemed to be very attentive.  I pray and hope this will not be my last time to speak here in Jamaica.  Pastor told me with a little practice, I could be a preaching man (definitely took that as a compliment).

Yesterday was a sluggish day for me.  I was planning on getting out and doing some work with mason here on site, but I was not feeling very good.  The milk that I drank for breakfast was bad, and that did not sit very well with my stomach.  Therefore, I stayed inside and studied all day, preparing for today.  Although it was not what I expected, it still turned out to be a good day.

This week will be another work week for me I hope.  I will hopefully get a chance to work out at the medical center on Monday and Tuesday, which I am looking forward to.  Then on Tuesday, I hope to have a meeting with Dr. McCloy and Pastor Brown about future plans and ideas.  I am praying that God will work in that meeting and pray that you would do the same.  Wednesday, we have a clinic going on here at the GMC with Dr. McCloy, and then Thursday, Dr. McCloy will take me to the airport to fly back to the states.  From there it will be more travels as I journey to Kansas City on Friday morning for a Cross Cultural Orientation with the Church of the Nazarene.

Thanks once again for your prayers and support!!!!  I love you all!!  God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment