My Name is Seth Thompson

Hello there, my name is Seth Thompson and welcome to my blog. I am going to do this blog to help keep those who I love updated on what is going on in my life as I serve in Jamaica this next month. Missions has been a big part of my life, and it is a passion i feel called to pursue. I have been so blessed to visit and work with the people of Jamaica, and look forward to seeing what God has in store for the island of Jamaica and this boy from the south. Please feel free to join me on this journey through this blog as I walk this road God has called me too. Thanks for all your prayer and support.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Hello!!!

Boy I thought the work days were long, butt these last 2 days have really been long.  I got up at 4 yesterday to get ready to go to the airport.  My ride did not come til 6:30 am, but I had given my watch away earlier on Wednesday and that was how I normally got up.  I was worried that I would make my ride late to Montego Bay, so the inner clock woke me up and would not let me go back to bed.  I got ready and had some last minute conversation with Doug.  My ride came and I went to the airport. I had breakfast at the bobsled cafe (it really is a sweet restaurant), and then waited around for 4 hours for my flight.  My flight was delayed by an hour, and so that put me into Atlanta a little late.  Got through immigration and customs with no problem and met my mom and dad in the terminal.  It was good to see them.  We then drove from Atlanta to Chattanooga, arriving in Chattanooga around 10:10 pm.  I got some clean clothes together (what I had) and put them in a suitcase, jumped in the car, and headed towards Nashville.  I arrived at my aunt's place around 12:30 am and went to bed.  That was a long day.

I got up at 4:30 am to be able to catch my flight to Kansas City for a conference that I am attending here.  My flight left at 6:30 am, so I needed to be there early to get checked in.  There was only like 45 people on my Southwest flight, so loading and unloading was easy.  We all had A boarding passes.  I landed in KC and went to get my rental car for the weekend.  I left the rental place at 8:30ish and proceeded to my host family I was staying with, Kimbre and Ben Birdwell.  It was so good to see them and catch up on life.  We decided to go to head quarters and take a tour, so we made the 30 minute trek and did so.  It was cool to see the new building and see where all the decisions are made for our church.  We came back to the house and Ben gave me a tour of Nazarene Theological Seminary (they live right across the street from it).  It was cool to see and get the private tour.  We came back and ate lunch, and during started to talk about the conference.  Ben had gone through it, but Kimbre had not and so they decided to be a walk in couple and came to the conference with me.  It was cool to have them come and be apart of that.

The conference was very good.  It was long, but good.  We went from 1 to 5, and then had a dinner break. We got pizza and a movie, and then went back to do a 1 on 1 interview with some of the leaders.  This was a chance to get to tell them what we were working on with missions and let them tell us some of the process.  It was nice, but I was pretty out of it.  We drove home and I am getting ready to go to bed.  Well, I am exhausted and going to bed.  I am not going to proof this so I hope this all makes sense. Thanks for reading and God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment