My Name is Seth Thompson

Hello there, my name is Seth Thompson and welcome to my blog. I am going to do this blog to help keep those who I love updated on what is going on in my life as I serve in Jamaica this next month. Missions has been a big part of my life, and it is a passion i feel called to pursue. I have been so blessed to visit and work with the people of Jamaica, and look forward to seeing what God has in store for the island of Jamaica and this boy from the south. Please feel free to join me on this journey through this blog as I walk this road God has called me too. Thanks for all your prayer and support.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Final Blog in Jamaica!!!

Today was a good day.  I worked in the clinic with Dr, McCloy and his staff all day, which was a nice turn from all of the hard work that I had been doing.  One of the things that they do when they have these clinics is pray with all the patients before they leave.  Doug asked me to be in the prayer room and to pray with these patients.  I told him I would, and it truly was a great time.  I was partnered with Delroy, (another one of my favorite Jamaicans) and we had a great time in the Lord.  Delroy would sing songs, and I would pray.  I am so thankful that this was how I got to spend my last day.  There really is no better way to have spent it.

Tonight I got to spend some time with Dr. McCloy.  We went to Savannah La Mar and got some dinner, then went to an ice cream shop called Devon's House.  It was a great time to catch up on life and a little bit of business as well.  I really admire and respect Dr. McCloy and the work he has done here in Jamaica.  It is great to call him friend and brother in Christ.

Well, it is hard to believe that I leave so soon.  I am working on packing everything up right now, which is a little saddening.  My trip has been so good, and I am so thankful for this opportunity.  I know God will continue to bless my life wherever I go and whatever I do.  My hope and prayer is to stay in the center of His will.  Thanks so much for the prayers, and I hope they continue to come as I continue to wrestle with the idea of what God has called me to do.  Thanks once and again and God Bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment